Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 18:02:38 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG, jkh@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Um, not quite right... (ABOUT.TXT)

> releases/snapshots/alpha/3.0-19990114-SNAP/ABOUT.TXT says:
>
> 	What is FreeBSD?  FreeBSD is an operating system based on 4.4 BSD Lite
> 	for Intel, AMD, Cyrix or NexGen "x86" based PC hardware.  It works
> 	with a very wide variety of PC peripherals and configurations and can
> 	be used for everything from software development to Internet Service
> 	Provision.
>
> The Alpha installation should probably say something else....

Agreed.  If someone has a more up-to-date list of which Alpha machines
we currently support so that I can mostly just sed that line which
talks about which PC hardware we support, I'll be happy to update this
file.  Somehow...  I may have to go for a ${ARCH} dir under release/texts
at this point. :)

- Jordan