Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 08:48:53 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Jarkko Santala <jake@iki.fi>
To:        Theo de Raadt <deraadt@cvs.openbsd.org>
Cc:        Sean Kelly <smkelly@zombie.org>, Ted Cabeen <secabeen@pobox.com>, "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Hogwash

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Theo de Raadt wrote:

> By holding this information back for a few more days, we are
> permitting a very important protocol to be upgraded in an immune way,
> OR YOU CAN TURN IT OFF NOW.

You have mentioned this "turn it off" solution more than twice. Is this
your official answer to any exploits in OpenSSH? Can I quote you on this?

How do you figure this works for commercial companies that need secsh
connections for business critical needs up and running 24x7?

	-jake

--
Jarkko Santala <jake@iki.fi>            http://www.iki.fi/~jake/
System Administrator                    2001:670:83:f08::/64