Date:      Mon, 02 May 2005 13:36:44 -0500
From:      Jonathan Noack <noackjr@alumni.rice.edu>
To:        "Flitter, David" <David.Flitter@networkrail.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-cvsweb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: CVS Document Access Error

--------------enig9276B32F577BEBF5FBEBC524

On 4/21/2005 8:01 AM, Flitter, David wrote:
> Hi,
> When trying to read a document from idcvs I get the following error:
>
> 	docs/ID+Standards/Information Delivery Development Handbook v0.1.doc: no such file or directory

Dave,
Other people have reported the same problem but I have been unable to
reproduce it.  Which version of CVSweb are you running?  What OS?  Also,
can you tell me the absolute path to the file in the repository?  That
should be of the form:
/path/to/cvsroot/docs/ID Standards/Information Delivery Development
Handbook v0.1.doc

Would it be possible for you to send me a copy of the page with the bad
link?

Note that CVSweb uses URI::Escape to do the actual encoding.  You might
want to check that you have the most recent version (URI 1.35 includes
URI::Escape 3.28; these are the versions I am using):
http://search.cpan.org/dist/URI/
If running FreeBSD and using ports:
http://www.freshports.org/net/p5-URI/

--