Date:      Sat, 10 Feb 2007 16:32:47 +0300
From:      Yuri Grebenkin <breath@unix.net>
To:        "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>, chris@monochrome.org, jwillson@ecn.net.au
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can I use an HP printer

I have an Epson Stylus C43SX and have made it print PostScript
through the following filter using GIMP Print and Ghostscript:

# /usr/local/libexec/ps2eps.sh
gs -DSAFER -sDEVICE=ijs -sIjsServer=ijsgimpprint \
   -sDeviceManufacturer=EPSON -sDeviceModel=escp2-c42sx \
   -DIjsUseOutputFD -q -sOutputFile=- -DNOPAUSE -DBATCH - \
  && exit 0

Also, to turn on extended mode for my local lpt0 I use this:

lptcontrol -e /dev/lpt0

Yuri