Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 2001 08:45:16 -0600
From:      "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>
To:        "Luigi Rizzo" <rizzo@aciri.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: BRIDGE breaks ARP?

Any chance this problem could be caused by having MROUTE and BRIDGE in the
kernel at the same time?  I notice the comment in bridge.c that stated:

 * THINGS TO REMEMBER
 *  - bridging is incompatible with multicast routing on the same
 *    machine. There is not an easy fix to this.
 *  - loop detection is still not very robust.
 *  - the interface of bdg_forward() could be improved.
 */

I have noticed that I had MROUTING in the kernel and I have these same
problems.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@veldy.net