Date:      Mon, 13 May 2002 09:00:17 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        Stanley <stan@cyberec.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports

Stanley wrote:
> Dear FreeBSD users,
>
> I am a new user to the FreeBSD system. I want to know if I choose those
> packages or ports during my first installation process. The packages
> will then be installed then , no further installation needed? Is that
> ture ? Please advise

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/ports.html

If, after thoroughly reading this section, you are still confused, please
resubmit your question.  It appears that you don't fully understand what
packages and ports are, and this section of the handbook does an excellent
job of explaining it.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technology