Date:      Sun, 5 May 1996 13:14:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      James FitzGibbon <james@teamos2.org>
To:        Nathan Lawson <nlawson@kdat.csc.calpoly.edu>
Cc:        nash@mcs.com, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dot.cshrc and weird umask value

On Sun, 5 May 1996, Nathan Lawson wrote:

> Unfortunately, this solution does not scale well to an enterprise-wide
> network as your groups file grows ever larger.  Remember it's not hashed like
> the pwd.db, and that's reason enough for me to have modified adduser to not
> support that scheme.

I agree 100%, but there are a number of things that need to be done to
FreeBSD (or any OS) to make it perform well and be secure in an enterprise
environment.  Any good sysadmin will have a checklist to take FreeBSD from
it's distributed form to an enterprise server, and this should definately
be on it (preferably before the section where you create your users)  8-)

--
j.

| James FitzGibbon                                       james@teamos2.org |
| TeamOS/2 Online admin                           Voice/Fax : 416 410-0100 |