Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 09:53:04 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        hm@kts.org
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 8" floppy drive anyone ?

In message <20020619075146.5A9AA5598@bert.kts.org>, Hellmuth Michaelis writes:
>Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>
>> I have a bunch of 8" floppies I need to try to recover contents
>> from, is there anybody out there who has a 8" drive they'd be willing
>> to part with for $$ ?
>
>Sorry, but i'm in the same boat. I have an old Hewlett-Packard HPIB 8"
>Floppydrive here and i wonder if it is possible to connect (and access)
>it with one of those supported GPIB cards or directly by connecting it
>to a PC floppy controller ? Has anybody experience with this ?

If you have a NEC7210 based GPIB card, I have a rudimentary userland
driver for it.  I use it for some HP boxes when I fiddle my timekeeping
gadgets.

I don't know about accessing floppies over GPIB (well, I _do_ know about
the non-standard way Commodore did it but...) but if you can find the
docs you can probably code it up pretty easily.