Date:      Thu, 12 May 2005 09:29:11 -0500
From:      "Scott T. Hildreth" <shildret@scotth.emsphone.com>
To:        hshh <hunreal@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-database@freebsd.org" <freebsd-database@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Install Oracle 10g or 9i failed with FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE

I could never get this to work.  I tried different java versions, native
& linux, but they all hung when installing.  I ended up copying the 9.2
install from a red hat machine and everything works fine.  I 9.2.04 is
the highest patch level that will work.  I think that > 9.2.04 make
linux system calls that are not implemented in the emulator.  There is a
lot of work being done on linux emulation, so my guess is that 10g will
be possible to run & install in the near future.