Date:      Sun, 5 Jan 2003 18:56:22 -0500
From:      Erik Sabowski <airyk@7521.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   audio mixer doesn't work

i am running freebsd 4.7, and using the latest kde packages from freebsd.=
org=20
(3.0.3). My soundcard is a soundblaster live. I have no problem setting u=
p=20
the soundcard, it works fine, except for the fact that the mixer does not=
=20
work at all. using mixer from the command line does not change the=20
soundlevel, nor does using another program such as xmms, opmixer, or kmix=
=2E=20
any help would be appreciated.

erik