Date:      Thu, 22 Nov 2001 14:31:19 +0100 (CET)
From:      Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>
To:        Hainal Ramon Adrian <ram0nus@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hi there .. i have a problem !!!

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001, Hainal Ramon Adrian wrote:

> i want to ask something that it is bothering me on
> freebsd....
>
> before freebsd i had red hat linux 6.2 ...and on linux
> i had some binary files that i used...and now on
> freebsd that binery files won't work...

Do you get an error message when trying to invoke them? If yes, what is
the message?

> i asked some friends how could i make them work on
> freebsd and they said to try with brandelf..but i
> didn't work..or i was using brandelf in the wrong
> way..
> other friends said to try to recompile the files for
> freebsd ..but i don't know how to do that..:{{{..

Did you compile the binaries on your Linux system? If yes, there will
probably be no major differences.

> please help me with this matter because i realy need
> those files ....
>
> or should i install linux 6.2 again  ???

We won't feel liable if you will return to Linux and misery ... :-)

Best regards

Konrad Heuer                                    Personal Bookmarks:
Gesellschaft f=FCr wissenschaftliche
   Datenverarbeitung mbH G=D6ttingen              http://www.freebsd.org
Am Fa=DFberg, D-37077 G=D6ttingen                   http://www.daemonnews.o=
rg