Date:      Sat, 03 Mar 2001 09:52:59 -0500
From:      Jack Sherwood <sherwoodj@home.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        dwhite@FreeBSD.org, jimmy@cs.cofc.edu, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org, sherwooj@spawar.navy.mil
Subject:   Re: Try #2: Linux emulator not installed in the kernal

Thanks for suggesting these tips but they did not work either.  I eventually
figured out, when attempting an FTP download versus a CD-ROM load that the
CD-ROM was installing version 5.0.  The FreeBSD box contained 9 CD-ROMs with
the 5.0 version in the nice plastic jacket and the "old" 4.0 version in a
paper jacket.

So, which one would you try.  Linux.ko is not in the 5.0 apparently.
Reinstall with the 4.0 caused everything to work right the first time!!
There goes 12 hours but I learned so stuff

Thanks for your help