Date:      Sun, 11 Jun 2000 23:34:45 -0700
From:      Larry <pts@EEngineer.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CAD support?

I have decided to try FreeBSD on a dedicated drive of my system. I need to
find out....will FreeBSD run my CAD platforms?

I use AutoCAD but more importantly, my number one concern is OrCAD
(Electronics EDA).  Also, I still rely on some DOS based CAD
platforms.....will these still run on BSD???

This is critical because these CAD platforms are the cornerstone of my
business. Okay, why do I think I need BSD...because I also spend a lot of
time online and I'm sick and tired and fed up with these kids who go around
attacking, hacking, etc while I'm trying to conduct business.  Linux is too
convoluted and I keep hearing that BSD outperforms it immensely.  If I have
to go through a learning curve, it might as well be for the best.

Will my win98 and DOS cad platforms still run on BSD?

Thank you,
Larry Weinberg, Owner / Engineer
541-582-6436
PTS (Precision Tracking Systems) Electronics
Our Website:	http://www.EEngineer.com
Email: pts@EEngineer.com