Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 09:33:15 +0100 (CET)
From:      Harti Brandt <brandt@fokus.gmd.de>
To:        Boris Popov <bp@butya.kz>
Cc:        <freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: CFR: Sequential mbuf read/write extensions

Looks nice, just what I needed two weeks ago and partly had
to implement myself :-)

But, I would recommend to stick with the ususal naming of size dependend
things, by appending a numeric suffix. Something like:

int  mb_get8(struct mbdata *mbp, u_int8_t *x);
int  mb_get16(struct mbdata *mbp, u_int16_t *x);
int  mb_get16le(struct mbdata *mbp, u_int16_t *x);
int  mb_get16be(struct mbdata *mbp, u_int16_t *x);
int  mb_get32(struct mbdata *mbp, u_int32_t *x);

Using 'word' and 'doubleword' is rather confusing (when speeking of words
I would think of 32 bit nowadays).

harti

--
harti brandt, http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/cats/employees/hartmut.brandt/private