Date:      Sat, 17 May 2003 07:08:27 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "P. U. Kruppa" <root@pukruppa.de>
To:        Aaron Peterson <aaron@alpete.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd vs. linux - educated opinions wanted

> what does linux have that freebsd doesn't?  what does freebsd have that linux
> doesn't?
A highly reliable, serious, polite and patient user/developer
community.
Since I am no computer pro this is very important for me to be
able to run a UN*X system.

> what are the security issues that should be acknowledged when
> deciding which to use for something mission critical in a production
> environment?  how does one measure/compare stability, and which comes out
> on top?
I found the highest and only security issue being myself, trying
things before reading the manuals and documentations :-)
But in the last 4 or 5 years I never succeded in completely
wrecking my system. Things could always be repaired with the help
of this list (thanks, by the way).

Thus I can say FreeBSD is a highly reliable and stable operating
system.

Regards,

Uli.

|        Peter Ulrich Kruppa        |