Date:      Thu, 16 May 1996 09:29:12 -0400
From:      Charles Green <green@fang.cs.sunyit.edu>
To:        Sujal Patel <smpatel@umiacs.UMD.EDU>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VoxWare 3.5?

        It is. Check out http://personal.eunet.fi/pp/voxware/

Sujal Patel stands accused of saying:
} Date: May 16,  0:37
}
} [ Message followup redirected to -current]
}
} On Wed, 15 May 1996, Terry Lambert wrote:
}
} > > I have heard VoxWare 3.5 has been released, where even the -current
} > > versions only have v3.0.  I have tried to find v3.5 through all the search
} > > engines on the net, but so far, no deal.
} >
} > VoxWare changed its licensing.  Now it is impossible to distribute
} > kernel binaries including the new drivers.  This was discussed on the
} > -hackers and -cutrrent lists at some length.
}
} TASD 3.5 will eventually become the base for the -current sound driver.
} Also, I have heard a *rumor* (I'll check on this and get back to ya folks)
} that USS Lite is now under the standard GPL.  If this is the case, then we
} may need to open up this discussion again :(
}
}
} Sujal
}
}-- End of excerpt from Sujal Patel

--
Charles Green, PRC Inc.			             UN*X System Administration
22 Powell Ave. Apt. B 		   	                  UN*X Security   &