Date:      Sun, 10 Jan 1999 19:44:28 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Stephen Palmer <slpalmer@netscape.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Joliet patches to -current added to PR kern/5038

> On 1/7/99, patches to -current were added to the end of PR kern/5038.
> These applied cleanly to my system, and appear to work great!  My
> vote (as if it counts to anything) is to commit these into -current.
> This is fuctionality I've needed for a while and I'd be glad to see
> added.

These are currently being evaluated; one reviewer writes they have
"issues" which are under investigation.  I expect to hear from him in a
day or so.

In addition, the patches were submitted encoded (patches should always
be plaintext), and they discarded several important pieces of
functionality from earlier incarnations.  They're certainly not ready
to commit as-is.