Date:      Wed, 13 Nov 1996 14:07:35 +1100 (EST)
From:      Carey Nairn <cp_nairn@cc.utas.edu.au>
To:        "Sean J. Schluntz" <schluntz@pinpt.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question about new dist of FreeBSD

On Tue, 12 Nov 1996, Sean J. Schluntz wrote:

> Has any one heard of a company called Pacific HiTech Inc.?  I just got a
> catalogue from them called "Best of Internet" and in it on a two page
> spread (labled Linux much to my iritation) they have a cd called Turbo
> FreeBSD for 29.95 which appears to be a 2.1.5 distribution of FreeBSD.
>
> I'm not ordering from them, I've got the subscription from WC-CDROM, but
> I was wondering if anyone had heard about this.

I just found it on the Pacific HiTech Inc. website.

http://pacific.pht.com/catalog/cd_pages/960053.stm

There is very little useful information about the OS and, yes they do
label it as Format: Linux...

I don't think I'll rush out and cancel my WC subscription just yet ;)

Cheers,
Carey

| Carey Nairn                     | email : Carey.Nairn@its.utas.edu.au |
| Infrastructure Services         | phone : (03) 6226 7419              |
| Information Technology Services | fax   : (03) 6226 7898              |
| University of Tasmania.         | int'l : (+61 3)                     |