Date:      Sat, 7 Sep 2002 12:38:35 +0200
From:      Papp Tamas <tompos@martos.bme.hu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   / was not properly umounted

hi!

I get this mesage, even if I try to boot ins single mode. What can I
do with it?

If I choose the Fixit mode on the install CD, I get a shell, but I
can't do with it anyting. I type fsck /dev/ad0s2a and it says:
"can't stat /dev/ad0s2a" or something like this.

There is no ls so I have no idea, what can I do.
I have no live cd, or repair floppy.

The softupdates is enabled on /. Is this the problem?

If not, why is not enabled per default on / by the install procedure
(4.6.2)

thanx,

tompos

ui.: sorry my english