Date:      Fri, 23 Sep 2016 09:35:55 +0200
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Horst_Leitenm=C3=BCller?= <horst.leitenmueller@liwest.at>
To:        Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Running a Java application on the host in a browser

hi,

depending on your needs if the client is whatever firefox / request via =
json / =E2=80=A6 or a fat client real Swing application=20
and server is a web service base solution or RMI then you can run the =
server without X11 just a few libraries are needed
tomcat is normally for web requests via http therefore you would not =
need the X11 only the libraries

how do you start the client app ?
is it a standalone ?  (=3D Swing client)
is the access via http browser ?

 for me it sounds like a fat client, then you have not the chance to run =
it on the host=E2=80=A6

but explain a little bit more, perhaps i can help you

br horst

> On 23 Sep 2016, at 09:14, Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de> wrote:
>=20
> El d=C3=ADa Friday, September 23, 2016 a las 08:36:12AM +0200, Andrea =
Venturoli escribi=C3=B3:
http://www.unixarea.de/  =E2=98=8E +49-176-38902045