Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 1996 02:04:38 -0400
From:      Geoff Davidson <geoff@sales.org>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        davidg@Root.COM, "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>, current@FreeBSD.org, Cat Okita <cat@ki.net>, Geoff Davidson <geoff@ki.net>
Subject:   Re: MotherBoard Jumper Settings...

Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

> >>      Third, the Oscillator Frequency was set for 33Mhz instead
> >>of 25Mhz...have fixed it...
> >
> >   Ugh! ...so your 486/100 was running at 133Mhz. Nah, that couldn't
> >*possibly* have any bad effects. :-)
> >
> >-DG
> >
> >David Greenman
> >Core-team/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project
>
> DX4s are clock trippled chips.  The clock setting was correct the
> first time. A DX4100 runs at 99.999MHz.
>
> --
> Justin T. Gibbs
>   FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations
Justin,
well caught, you are quite correct on this one.
That's what I like about standards, DX4 just intuitively feels like
it should stand for triple. I wonder if that means that
8X CD-ROMS are really quad speeds?

Geoff
--
How do you score as a smart consumer or salesperson?
Try one of the Quizes located at:     "http://www.sales.org"