Date:      Sun, 28 Sep 2014 08:06:43 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        FreeBSD CURRENT <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: WiFi 802.11/ac PCIe supported adaptor

--Sig_/ruP7P_mX5gPUHFMV_xqhBfh

Am Sun, 28 Sep 2014 00:22:09 +0200
Lars Engels <lars.engels@0x20.net> schrieb:

> On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 02:38:30PM +0200, O. Hartmann wrote:
> >=20
> > I'm looking for a replacemnt for my 802.11g WiFi PCIe adaptor card and =
want to
> > replace it with an 802.11ac adaptor.
> >=20
> > Since I made very bad experiences with CURRENT and support of modest mo=
dern hardware
> > (Haswell CPU/Intel  7260 DualBand WiFi NIC), I'd like to ask here first.
> >=20
> > I found this PCIe adaptor card attractive:
> >=20
> > GigaByte Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I
> >=20
> > I can not find ad hoc the WLAN chip used on that specific card, but may=
be someone has
> > experiences with that litte board.
>=20
> FreeBSD doensn't support 802.11ac, yet.

I'm bitter aware of that. This OS doesn't support the chipsets, even if the=
y provide also
11a/g/n.

We have at our department now a bunch of Lenovo hardware, with Intels 7260 =
chipset. The
laptops are now runninmg Ubuntu 14.0X something which obviously supports th=
e WiFi chip.
I'm the last man standing with FreeBSD on my private Lenovo :-(