Date:      Fri, 3 Jan 2003 14:53:32 +0000
From:      Olafur Osvaldsson <oli@isnic.is>
To:        Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
Cc:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Locale errors on 5.0-CURRENT (sparc)

--7iMSBzlTiPOCCT2k

Removing the exclude for sparc64 in src/share/Makefile rebuilding/installing
fixes this for me and I see nothing wrong with the is_IS.ISO8859-1 locale so
far.

Unless there is some real reason for excluding it I suggest that the sparc64
test is removed from that file.

/Oli

On Fri, 03 Jan 2003, Peter Pentchev wrote:

> The LC_CTYPE files are not there, because there is an explicit test for
> the build architecture in src/share/Makefile, which excludes the
> mklocale directory for sparc64; it was introduced in rev. 1.27 by David
> O'Brien about 7 months ago.  David, what exactly was the 'bad juju'
> mentioned in the commit message, and is it still there?  A test run of
> 'cvs up share/mklocale && cd share/mklocale && make' on panther seemed
> to complete OK; I have not yet tested the resulting locale files though.

--=20
Olafur Osvaldsson
Systems Administrator
Internet a Islandi hf.