Date:      Thu, 03 Jun 1999 01:21:46 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <ahasty@mindspring.com>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: Good news from NVIDIA]

Hi,

I have a Diamond Viper V770 (TNT2)  and the patches appears to work 8)

It was not hard to build
cd /usr/ports/x11/XFree86
make

mid way of building the X makefiles I paused the build and apply
the NVidia's patches which are only for the nvidia software modules.

continue the build. Copy XF86_SVGA to my /usr/X11R6/bin and
presto I now have X back again...

Will try later on to run xbench to see how fast is this card. my system
is a Pentium III 450 Mhz with 128mb of SDRAM and obscene amount
of memory compare to what I used to have to develop X Servers with
(8MB of memory) back in the 386bsd days.

With a resonable fast system X takes about 35 or 40minutes to build
very reasonable in my opinion .

    Enjoy,
    Amancio