Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2017 20:17:17 -0700
From:      Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
To:        "Montgomery-Smith, Stephen" <stephen@missouri.edu>
Cc:        "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: can't link against math.h

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 03:00:48AM +0000, Montgomery-Smith, Stephen wrote:
> On 10/25/2017 09:05 PM, blubee blubeeme wrote:
> > I wrote a simple test program to test and see if math.h has the function:
> > exp10f
>
> > Does FreeBSD math.h have expf10 and if so, how do I link against it?
>
> I think exp10f is a Linux only function.  In its man page, it says it is
> a GNU extension.

No. It is part of ISO/IEC TS 18661-4.

Information technology -- Programming languages, their environments,
and system software interfaces -- Floating-point extensions for C

Part 4: Supplementary functions

Look for n1950.pdf on the web.

I've implemented sinpi[fl], cospi[fl], and tanpi[fl],
and sent my code to freebsd-numerics.  Bruce has
suggested a number of improves, but I have lacked the
time to fix the code.

--
Steve
20170425 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWUpyCsUKR4