Date:      Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:05:46 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TODO list for volunteers (similar to the list of things for Google's summer of code)

Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 12:47:04AM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>> Do you have any strong reasons which make the wiki a better choice?
>
> Lower barrier to entry.  I mean, I have a doc commit bit and never
> found our markup that hard to master, but that doesn't mean that
> everyone else is interested in doing so.
>
> I just think it would be lower-weight and thus more people might be
> able to contribute to it.

Do you think it's more easy than to copy an existing entry and make
modifications to it? And in case someone really fears the document, he is
always free to ask if someone can markup his ideas.

I'm thinking about the wiki as some kind of scratchboard. One can prototype
something in it, or allow highly concruent developments of some sort. I
don't think we need this for this list.

I see the TODO list for volunteers as something more similar to our wishlist
document. It also changes more or less frequently, and everyone is free to
add and remove entries. Nobody complained so far that it's too complicated.

Bye,
Alexander.

"If you can count your money, you don't have a billion dollars."
		-- J. Paul Getty