Date:      Wed, 9 Feb 2005 17:36:25 +0300
From:      Dmitry Agaphonov <rzhe@agava.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   kqueue & pthread

Hello all,

There's a server application that use non-bloking sockets with kqueue in
its main thread and blocking I/O in two auxiliary threads.  While watching
the server in top(1), I've noticed that it is in the 'poll' state instead
of 'kqread'.  And breaking the server process execution in the debugger
drops to __sys_poll() instead of kevent().

So, the question is: does it really mean that linking to libc_r forces me
to use poll (somehow internally?) and lose the benefit from using kqueue
system?

I'm using gcc-3.4.4 with -pthread option.  FreeBSD version is 4.10-STABLE.

Thanks.