Date:      Thu, 4 Sep 1997 14:01:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "Jordan K. Hubbard": http://techweb.cmp.com/internetwk/reviews/rev0901-3.htm

In localhost.freebsd.chat you write:

>My letter to the editor in response to the Internet Week article.
>Just FYI...

>Dear Patricia,

[Nice message snipped]
>It is still, nonetheless, a matter of some personal curiousity as to how
>these tests might have gone had we not suffered from this particular
>problem or had your test systems been provided with 64MB instead of
>128MB of RAM.

>Ah well, c'est la vie!

The other thing about GENERIC (and to be honest, something which
leaves me somewhat awed with the results for "100 users") is that
GENERIC has maxusers set to 10, which seems to be even more
significant than the 64MB memory limitation.

I'd imagine they'd run out of processes before they even started heavy
swapping.

--
bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/