Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 2003 01:53:10 +0100
From:      David Spreen <netzwurm@debian.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.0RC3 and PCCARD on Siemens Mobile 510 AGP

hey there,
I just tried to install 5.0RC3 on my siemens mobile 510 AGP. Booting with
my Fiberline 10mbps COMBO card caused a Fatal Trap 12, so I removed it.
Since I have to install fbsd over net, because my burner is broken, I
borrowed a 3com 3CXE589EC from a friend. Booting with that card works, so
I created partitions, labels and chose passive ftp as installation method.
The card seemed to be detected correctly, so I could choose ep0 as install
device.

But when I did my switch still had not announced link for that card and
when I agreed to using dhcp for configuring the interface the installprocess
hung.

Of course I tried to configure the interface manually, but when I confirmed
the options, the installprocess hung and still no link on my switch.

(Well, I changed the port, the cable and so on, but nothing worked).

I am fairly new to freebsd. I tried to find documentation for that,
but I failed. I asked google and dejagoogle but got no help. I've I
still left out an option I am sorry for making noise on this list.

thanks,

David