Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2001 00:41:54 -0500
From:      Scott Lambert <lambert@lambertfam.org>
To:        FreeBSD-Mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: linmodem on freebsd

> ltmdm0: <Xircom Winmodem> port 0xff38-0xff3f mem 0xefdff000-0xefdfffff irq 11 at device 8.1 on pci0
> ltmdm0: could not map interrupt in non-shareable mode.
> ltmdm0: could not activate interrupt in fast mode
>   lucent_detect_modem()
>   lucent_init_modem()
>   vxdPortOpen()
>   BaseValue         = 0xd8
>   BaseAddress       = 0xff38
>   BaseAddress2      = 0xff3a
>   BaseAddressIndex  = 0xff38
>   BaseAddressData   = 0xff39
>   ComAddress        = 0x0040
>   V16550_IRQ_Number = 0
>   Irq               = 11
>   ToshibaFlag       = 0
>   CpqFlag           = 0
> ltmdm0: type Virtual 16550A
>
> My problem now is that it always says NO DIALTONE when I try to make it dial.
> (I did remember to plug in a working phone line. ;-)

Ok, I've checked the linux sites and they suggest toggling the PNP-OS
knob in the BIOS.  I have toggled the knob that looked likely to no avail.

I also disabled sio0/1 in boot -c.  That didn't help either.  For some reason
FreeBSD detects and 8250UART on sio0.  There are no serial ports on this
laptop so I figured it might be partially seeing the Xircom Winmodem.

I will list the ati? query results to see if anything screams "fix me,
stupid".

ati0
LT V.90 Data+Fax Modem Version 6.00

OK
ati1
00@

OK
ati2
ERROR
ati3
LT V.90 Data+Fax Modem Version 6.00

OK
ati4
0

OK
ati5
6.00,0,19,00,115D,00,D4

OK
ati6
OK
ati7
OK
ati8
OK
ati9
North America

OK
ati10
ERROR
ati11

    Description                         Status
    ---------------                     ------------
    Last Connection                     NA
    Initial Transmit Carrier Rate       NA
    Initial Receive  Carrier Rate       NA
    Final   Transmit Carrier Rate       NA
    Final   Receive  Carrier Rate       NA
    Protocol Negotiation Result         NA
    Data Compression Result             NA
    Estimated Noise Level               NA
    Receive  Signal Power Level  (-dBm) NA
    Transmit Signal Power Level  (-dBm) NA
    Round Trip Delay             (msec) NA
Press any key to continue; ESC to quit.

    Description                         Status
    ---------------                     ------------
    Near Echo Level              (-dBm) NA
    Far  Echo Level              (-dBm) NA
    Transmit Frame Count                0
    Transmit Frame Error Count          0
    Receive  Frame Count                0
    Receive  Frame Error Count          0
    Retrain by Local  Modem             0
    Retrain by Remote Modem             0
    Call Termination Cause              0
    Robbed-Bit Signaling                NA
    Digital Loss                   (dB) NA
    Remote Server ID                    NA

OK

--
Scott Lambert          KC5MLE            Unix SysAdmin -- Looking for work.
lambert@lambertfam.org       http://www.lambertfam.org/~lambert/resume.html