Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2001 13:45:13 -0400
From:      "MATTHEW.GRAYBOSCH" <MATTHEW.GRAYBOSCH@cshore.com>
To:        "John" <jburns@pacificcoast.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: spontaneous

>Do you guys have any idea what could be causing the reboots?
>
>-John Burns

I had a similar problem a while back. If you can afford to do so, try removing the CD-ROM drive, as that was the cause of my spontaneous reboot problem. Try removing the CD-ROM drive and running for a week without it. If you don't have any trouble, it could be your drive.

Also, check your power. Make sure your UPS and/or surge suppressor are in good condition, and that you're getting a steady flow of current from the wall.
****
Matthew Graybosch