Date:      Sat, 15 Jun 2002 11:24:52 -0700
From:      Adam Weinberger <monkey@crackula.com>
To:        nathan skains <nskains@comcast.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xwindow server Problem.

put on your sleuthing hat, and then get a big Jeep and take yourself on
a RTFM safari.

k, first of all, SuperProbe is dead. start by following the configgeration
instructions in <http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/x-config.html>.

second of all, read /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/README.ati

my chipset is slightly different; i have an ati radeon mobility 7500 in
my laptop. however, my device section may still be of use to you:

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"card_of_d00m"
	Driver		"ati"
	VendorName	"ATI"
	BoardName	"Radeon Mobility M7 LW"
	BusID		"PCI:1:0:0"
	Option		"AGPMode"	"4"
	Option		"CrtScreen"	"true"
EndSection

then, for even MORE help, search in google for:
1)	XF86Config radeon 7500
2)	XF86Config radeon 7500 freebsd

all the answers you seek are out there. somewhere.

-Adam

nathan skains took 0.6K on Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 03:42:50AM -0500 to say:
> i am runnin a ati radeon 7500 card on an amd duron 1 gig, on freebsd 4.6-rc,
> i have update my xserver via ports to the lastest server. And still cant get
> x up. when I do a SuperProbe it says i have 0 megs of ram but i am runnin
> 128 megs of sdram for video (via my card). When i execute startx i see that
> stuff loading about it being compiled on 4.5-release, and an message about
> upgrading if my card is newer then the release date of the xserver. PS i
> dont see where its trying to stat my new x -server.
> I am lost
> Thanks
> Nate

"I am disrespectful to dirt! Can you see I am serious!"
	-Mr. Sparkle
Adam Weinberger
monkey@crackula.com
http://www.crackula.com