Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 1995 15:21:22 +0100 (BST)
From:      Paul Richards <paul@isl.cf.ac.uk>
To:        bob@obiwan.pmr.com (Bob Willcox)
Cc:        bde@zeta.org.au, freebsd-current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Proper procedure to partition/label disk now?

> I fear that they are going to be a concern to users as they convert
> from 1.1.5 or 2.0 to 2.1.  Lots of folks will think something is
> broken when they see these messages.

Well, I mentioned this before and there was silence but I want to rewrite
the MBR and bootblocks when 2.1 installs itself so we can fix all the
bogus MBR's out there and also update the partition tables to the
new standard.

There's technically no reason why it can't be done but people do get very
uptight when you mess with these things.

--
  Paul Richards, FreeBSD core team member.
  Internet: paul@FreeBSD.org,  URL: http://isl.cf.ac.uk/~paul/