Date:      Sat, 22 Feb 2003 11:21:47 -0500
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@keyslapper.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to tell if Port is blocked...

On 02/22/03 01:46 PM, Wayne Pascoe sat at the `puter and typed:
> On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 07:15:13AM -0500, Rod Person wrote:
> > I'm running FreeBSD 5.0, I think that my isp have recently block ports on me. I know the block port 82. But is there a way I can test to see if other ports are blocked?
>
> If you have access from a machine outside your network, telnet to your
> home IP address on that port. Eg to test port 80
> telnet my.ip.address.here 80

I've run into this before, and this will tell you if that port is
blocked, but not where.  Try a traceroute on the port (see manpage, I
don't remember if it's as simple as with telnet).

Unfortunately, it still may not tell you how to fix the problem.  If
you're using a DSL or cable modem, the port may get blocked there, and
may not be configurable.

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc@keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ

Wilner's Observation:
  All conversations with a potato should be conducted in private.