Date:      Sun, 16 Apr 2000 17:10:35 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Matthew Frost <matthewf@orac.frost.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lucent Wavelan IEEE on 4.0-STABLE

In message <20000416215115.A26654@orac.frost.net> Matthew Frost writes:
: I'm having trouble with a Lucent Wavelan Silver IEEE card on
: 4.0-STABLE.  Something very odd is going on or I've screwed up
: somewhere.

It would appear that you have an interrupt conflict problem.  Is IRQ 5
really free?  As in no physical hardware is using it?  I see later you
said that you don't think this is the case, but if you can verify that
for sure, that would be great.

The other possible problem is that I/O range 0x240-0x27f (oink!) has
some other hardware in it, but which isn't probed by default.  I can't
think of anything off the top of my head that lives there.

Or that memory 0xd0000 isn't really available (this is much less
likely since it can seem to find it).

Do you have another pccard that you can try to insert and see if that
works?

Warner