Date:      Tue, 1 Sep 1998 06:50:26 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu (Chuck Robey)
Cc:        jb@cimlogic.com.au, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: different E-problem

Chuck Robey wrote:
> So there is no way to get the obj softlinks?  I liked them for
> troubleshooting.  That was the only thing I wanted extra in my source
> tree, but I did want them ... they're obsolete?

I can't figure out how to support them and keep aout and elf bits
separate. In an elf only world, you would have the same problem if
you wanted to cross-build alpha on i386, for example.

My view is that it is easy to learn what obj path your system is using,
it's just not convienient to cd there compared to `cd obj'.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137