Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 17:01:09 -0400
From:      Matt Impett <M.Impett@flarion.com>
To:        'Lars Eggert' <larse@ISI.EDU>, Matt Impett <M.Impett@flarion.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-net@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: source address based routing

I have looked at the firewall rather exetensively, but I don't know that it
can do what I want.

From what I can tell, the firewall fwd functionality allows you to redirect
a packet to a different next hop based on any of the firewall matching rules
(one of which is source address).

What I want to do, however, is redirect the packet to a tunnel (gif device)
that has no next-hop associated with it.  Is there any way to do this??

thanks,
matt