Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 1997 01:53:16 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        don@PartsNow.com
Cc:        perhaps@yes.no, nate@mt.sri.com, tlambert@primenet.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newest Pentium bug (fatal)

> As I remember, the prayer experiment was very well prepared. The
> pray-ees didn't know they were being prayed for, and the pray-er's
> didn't know who they were praying for, except a first name and a general
> description of the problem. The groups were statistically equal, and
> relatively large. If I remember [too many bosses whizzing past FTL,
> Amancio], there were a total of 400 in the study.

How can you seperate the telepathy theory from the God theory with this
set up?

The researchers should have lied about the names, or given only number,
and/or not stated the symptom(s).

They should also have put two guys named "John" with the same disease
in the same room, and see if there was preferential healing of one
"John", or if if there was 50% of the "prayer effect" split between
the two...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---