Date:      Wed, 11 Dec 2002 08:00:51 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
To:        phoenix@freebsd.org
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mozilla 1.2 and onward issues? [was: Re: phoenix not starting?]

Funnier, all the time,

-On [20021209 07:32], AlanE (alane@geeksrus.net) wrote:
>On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 07:42:18PM +0100, Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:
>>-On [20021208 18:36], AlanE (alane@geeksrus.net) wrote:
>>>Ya got me, man. Does it leave a core file? If you're up to it, I can
>>>probably tell you how to build it so you can run it under gdb. But, as
>>>Warren Zevon says, "It ain't that pretty at all."
>>
>>It gets funnier.
>>
>>Now I updated my mozilla to 1.2b as well and get:
>>
>>No running window found.
>>
>>Funny though, only phoenix and mozilla exhibit this symptom, gnucash and
>>other programms dont'.
>
>Phoenix IS mozilla 1.2b.
>
>It sounds like you're trying to do a remote window open in a running
>process, which would explain why all of this. Does it happen if you
>just type phoenix at the command line?

I updated to phoenix 0.5, still no dice.
Mozilla 1.2b also just loads, shows no running window, continues to load
more and then gives me my prompt back.  Just like phoenix [not
surprisingly both are based on mozilla 1.2 and onward].

I recompiled X from scratch, my windowmanager [window maker], a ton of
supporting libraries.  No dice.

Compiled mozilla 1.1, also said no running window found, and continued

Of course, I still need to get strace fixed to even see why it isn't
working.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai / Kita no Mono
Ninth Circle Enterprises | WTO + WIPO = DMCA?