Date:      Sun, 24 Jan 1999 00:11:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
Cc:        Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>, smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.8R

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Bernie Doehner wrote:
>
> > > Subject: Re: 2.2.8R
> > > You're wrong, 3.0 has supported SMP for quite a bit of time before
> > > 3.0-RELEASE, however afaik, 2.2.anything NEVER had SMP.
> >
> > Argghh.. You got me there! This is an ISP environment, so things have to
> > be a little stable, and I automaticaly jump to the -RELEASE (by default)..
> >
> > However, my managers don't think 3.0-R is stable, so 2.2.anything is the
> > "requirement".
>
> 3.1 was just branded '-stable'
> 4.0 is the new developer release ie. 'experimental'

Guys, smp *was* part of FreeBSD back in 2.2 days, but it was on a
separate tree (a separate cvs archive at freefall) and not part of any
release prior to 3.0-RELEASE.  Back in the days of FreeBSD 2.2, I ran
current, *and* I ran smp.  That's not release, understand, so maybe this
is getting a tad complicated.

> -Alfred

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-smp" in the body of the message

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 and picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (NetBSD).