Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2000 18:04:37 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andreas Gaertner <anderl@class.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   installboot/disklabel

hi,

currently i am asking myself whether my backup strategy is ok or not. i
use to dump my filesystems (/, /usr, /var, /tmp) onto another disk of
which i build an image to record a cd. in case of a diskfailure i replace
the system disk, partition and label it, restore the filesystems onto it
and everything is going to be fine. however, of course, there are no
bootblocks on the new disk. how can i make my disk bootable? is it enough
to simply 'disklabel -B' da0 for example? or is there a similar program to
installboot (i use to use under solaris).
i am using freebsd 3.1 and 3.2

any hints are welcome, regards,

anderl