Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 2004 08:19:25 +0930
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@vicor.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone played with teh linux VDR software?

--kigERAySUJmIn/9g

On Thursday, 22 April 2004 at 11:20:38 -0700, Julian Elischer wrote:
> http://www.cadsoft.de/vdr/
>
> looks good but not sure how linux specific it is...

I don't know, but it seems to be specific to an obsolete satellite
receiver card.

Lukas Ertl recently put together a machine for this purpose, but he
had to use Linux because there was no FreeBSD driver support for his
tuner card.  I'm not sure how much work that would be.  The link is
http://mailbox.univie.ac.at/~le/blog/index.cgi/Geeky/vdr.html, but
it's in German.

Greg
--