Date:      Sat, 1 Mar 2003 04:57:38 +0000
From:      "Hugo D. Valentim" <hvalentim@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   OpenOffice problem with Portuguese accents

Hi,

I have compiled OpenOffice 1.0.2 using the ports (first the English and the=
n=20
the Portuguese one). Everything worked fine aparently. Afterwards I found o=
ut=20
that I am unable to type very commum specific Portuguese accents such as =
=E3 =F4=20
=E9 (absolutely nothing happens when I press the keys) etc...

This is rather odd since everywhere else on FreeBSD 5 I have NO trouble at =
all=20
with accents or the keyboard layout.

I later found out that this problem only happens if i run OpenOffice inside=
=20
KDE 3.1.  If I open OO it in Gnome 2.2 I am perfectly able to use accents.

Obviously I have changed all keyboard options in KDE's Control Panel to=20
Portuguese and workstation reinstalled OO. But I still have the same troubl=
e!

Why is this so? Any answers to solve this?

Thank You,
Hugo D. Valentim
hvalentim@gmx.net