Date:      Mon, 07 Oct 2002 06:20:53 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        Vinod <geekvinod@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help with Streaming media and MPEG files

--------------enigDA91B54C2AC17685C3E67ABB

Vinod wrote:
> Can anyone please tell me more about MPEG files and
> Streaming Media files(.rm files for example).
> Aren't .rm (real media streaming format) files encoded
> using the MPEG encoding scheme?

RealMedia files and streams are encoded with proprietary software in
proprietary formats, RealVideo and RealAudio. The only kind of
commitment to MPEG from RealNetworks that I'm aware of, is that the
Universal HelixServer products support some MPEG-4 encoders and players.

Regards,
--
Michael Nottebrock
"And the reasons? There are no reasons."

--------------enigDA91B54C2AC17685C3E67ABB