Date:      Fri, 01 Feb 2002 13:54:30 +0000
From:      Chris O'Brien <chris@jpowered.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Internal Modem on COM 4

Hello,

I can not get my internal modem on com 4 to work.
I have set the devices to cuaa3 and I made sure I enabled cuaa2 and cuaa3
on the
kernal configuration and there was no conflicts.
When I run ppp and type dial dialup nothing happerns.
In FreeBSD it says cuaa3 is a bad file desciptor.
I noticed when FreeBSD is booting up it does not find the device sio3.

I saw in the FreeBSD handbook in the kernal configuration file section
(chapter 9.4)
that if you need to change the modem's IRQ from 9 to 2.
I have 2 computers with the same problem and both have an Internal modem on
COM 4.

Can you tell me how to change the Modems IRQ from 9 to 2.
Do I have to change the Jumpers in the computer or is there another
way of solving this problem.

Thank you,

Chris O'Brien