Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 1996 01:53:10 +0000
From:      "Scott A. Miller" <samiller@fox.nstn.ca>
To:        hardware@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Mountain FileSafe Tape drive

Somebody else has to have one of these...

I have a Mountain FileSafe Tape Series 7060 drive and a HUGE stack of
tapes.  I can't find software to run it on any of my Windows based
systems and I'd hate to just let it rot.

Is anybody using one of these with FreeBSD?

This drive runs off of a dedicated driver adapter and I don't have
any specs (or the patience to write drivers these days...)  I do have
model numbers though.  The card is marked:

       IBM/QIC-02
       HOST ADAPTER
       05-00726-01 REV K

I have enough adapters to put in all of my FreeBSD machines so it
would be a great unit for backing up these machines if I could find
the necesary drivers.

               Scott A. Miller
Senior Analyst,      | Director: Technical Services
Reality...Processing | Interimage