Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 1999 16:37:19 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Didier Derny <didier@omnix.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   large shared memory (increasing kvm)

hi,

for the SQL server, I need a large shared memory (SHMMAXPGS=9216)
I have maxusers = 512

the memory is actually of 256Mb and will be increased to 1Gb

the kernel is still a.out

[I have no possibility to stop the machine to upgrade to 3.1-RELEASE or
3.1-STABLE (upgrade planned in july/august)]

(I'm running FreeBSD 3.0-RELEASE on a dual pentium II machine
[ASUS P2B mother board] everything works just fine except that
we need to largely increase the shared memories and the  semaphores])

is VM_KMEM_SIZE working with FreeBSD-3.0-RELEASE ?

what value would you suggest ?

thanks for your help