Date:      Tue, 29 Mar 2011 10:51:03 -0700
From:      Matthew Fleming <mdf356@gmail.com>
To:        Michal Varga <varga.michal@gmail.com>
Cc:        Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@tx.rr.com>, Jason Hsu <jhsu802701@jasonhsu.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best way to switch from Linux to BSD

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Michal Varga <varga.michal@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-03-29 at 11:43 -0500, Paul Schmehl wrote:
>> Desktop support is lacking when compared to the other major OSes
>> (Windows, Mac and Linux).
>
> Here too. How is "desktop support" on FreeBSD lacking?

I realize a desktop means many things to many people, but the biggest
thing holding me back from using FreeBSD on a desktop is flash
support.  I spent a little time trying to follow online instructions
and I didn't get anything working.

I use my Mac 90% of the time as just a web browser.  I use my PC 90%
of the time just to play Civ 5.  I use Linux at work because I can use
all the SCM tools I want (that FreeBSD also has) but also I can listen
to pandora and watch youtube videos while I work.

Cheers,
matthew