Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2000 14:32:31 -0800
From:      Jason <nordwick@scam.xcf.berkeley.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   /etc/rc.firewall not reading /etc/rc.conf

In my 4.0 cvsupped from 3/20 /etc/rc.firewall says this:

	# Suck in the configuration variables.
	if [ -r /etc/defaults/rc.conf ]; then
		. /etc/defaults/rc.conf
	elif [ -r /etc/rc.conf ]; then
		. /etc/rc.conf
	fi

which would be fine, but /etc/defaults/rc.conf says this at the top:

	# This is rc.conf - a file full of useful variables that you can set
	# to change the default startup behavior of your system.  You should
	# not edit this file!  Put any overrides into one of the ${rc_conf_files}
	# instead and you will be able to update these defaults later without
	# spamming your local configuration information.
	#

So, following directions, I put my changes in /etc/rc.conf, but rc.firewall
only looks at /etc/defaults/rc.conf.

Should /etc/rc.firewall be changed to read:

	# Suck in the configuration variables.
	if [ -r /etc/defaults/rc.conf ]; then
		. /etc/defaults/rc.conf
	fi