Date:      Sat, 19 May 2001 13:11:22 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@brizzie.org>
To:        "Linh Pham" <lplist@closedsrc.org>
Cc:        "Stephen Hovey" <shovey@buffnet.net>, "Peter Kok" <cckok00@hotmail.com>, "Nathan Vidican" <webmaster@wmptl.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: simple back up method

> Hope you have a lot of hair on your head... I've pulled my hair out
as
> well dealing with backups/restore on Windows, UNIX, and Mac... as
well
> as dealing with ID10Ts at work. sigh...
>
> I know some people have recommended the 'UNIX Systems Administration
> Handbook'.

Dunno .... from what I've read this stuff is pretty specific to a
given O/S.
I'm trying not to buy any books at present due to exchange rate of the
pacific
peso. Thankfully I don't need to do anything particularly complicated
with the
backup .... just dump some filesystems elsewhere so I can restore
easily if
something evil befalls the systems